HOW TO WRITE GREAT PAPERS IN LESS TIME
A six-week online course with Christina Sichtmann
You want to publish more papers in better journals?
- have so many other obligations that you do not find time to write
- are not satisfied with your writing output
- tend to procrastinate
- often feel that you do not use your writing time effectively
- are uncertain about the review process and would like to know more about its secrets
WITH THIS COURSE YOU WILL BOOST AND IMPROVE YOUR WRITING OUTPUT!
- You will learn how to use your writing time more effectively.
- You will write better papers in a shorter period of time.
- You will learn how to easily get over procrastination.
- You will get to know techniques how to deal with literature more efficiently.
- You will get insights into the review process of top journals and get templates how to respond to their reviews.
WITH THE ULTIMATE GOAL TO GET PUBLISHED IN TOP JOURNALS!
The focus is on the process of writing rather than the product (i.e. the research). This workshop is not a “How-to-publish”-workshop but focuses on key competences to be a better and more productive writer.
ABOUT CHRISTINA SICHTMANN
I am Associate Professor of International Marketing at the
University of Vienna.
I have extensive publication experiences in top journals such
as Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, International
Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of Operations
Management, Journal of International Marketing, etc. As a
former Associate Editor of International Marketing Review and
reviewer of hundreds of papers I can provide behind-the scenes
insights into the review process.
I combine my academic knowledge with creative writing
techniques to help researchers improving their writing output.
My podcast on Academic Writing is no. 1 in the German
Where and when?
December 4th, 2020-January 22nd, 2021.
We will meet weekly, Fridays 7am -10am (UTC) via zoom.
(see time converter https://www.timeanddate.com)
Dates: December 4th, 11th, and 18th, 2020, January 8th, 15th, and 22nd, 2021
If you cannot participate in the live workshop you will get access to the recording.
590,- Euro plus your local tax
The workshop is designed for researchers on all levels who want to reflect their
own writing process and improve their writing output.
The course is limited to 20 researchers.
WHAT WILL WE DO IN THE COURSE?
- You will get hands-on with lots of helpful writing tools to improve your writing skills and speed up your writing.
- You will work on your own project and make good progress on it in and between the sessions.
- We will do lots of exercises in the course so that you actually write for your project during the online workshops.
- The course is very interactive. You will benefit from the exchange of ideas with researchers from all over the world.
- In-between sessions you will have time to integrate the learnings into your daily life.
Workshop 1, December 4th, 2020: Establish a writing habit
Workshop 2, December 11th, 2020: Find ideas and develop a vision
Workshop 3, December 18th, 2020: Sharpen your research question
Workshop 4, January 8th, 2021: How to deal with literature more efficiently
Workshop 5, January 15th, 2021: Feedback und revision of your text
Workshop 6, January 22nd, 2021: Behind the scenes of the review process